- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
This Stir Fry Garlic Sauce Shrimp is delicious and healthy and can be on the table in 30 minutes!
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into matchstick sizes
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts
- 5 cloves garlic minced, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated or minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- green onions for garnish
- In a medium bowl add stock, soy sauce, cornstarch, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger and chili garlic sauce. Whisk until combined.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or heavy bottom pan to medium high, add 1 tablespoon oil and add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook another 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoon oil and add carrots, onions, red peppers, snap peas cook 3-4 minutes until softened. Add water chestnuts and garlic, cook another minute.
- Give sauce another whisk in the bowl to make sure the cornstarch hasn’t settled to the bottom. Then add it to the veggie mixture, reduce heat to low, add shrimp back in, stir and cook about another minute until thickened.
- Serve over rice