- 1. smoked salmon/crab meat/ tuna, as you prefer 225 Grams
- 2. uncooked short-grain rice 150 Grams
- 3. rice vinegar 3 Tablespoons
- 4. caster sugar 3 Tablespoons
- 5. salt 1 1/2 Teaspoons
- 6. nori seaweed sheets 4 slice
- 7. cucumber 1/2 Nos(peeled, cut into small strips)
- 8. pickled ginger 2 Tablespoons
- 9. avocado 1 Nos(peeled, stone removed and cut into small strips)
1. In a medium pan, bring 325ml water to a boil. Add rice, and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Blend the mixture into the rice.
2. Slowly heat Nori in a frying pan on gas stove until warm or preheat oven to 150 C. On a medium baking tray, heat nori in the preheated oven 1 to 2 minutes, until warm.
3. Centre one sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi mat. Wet your hands. Using your hands, spread a thin layer of rice on the sheet of nori, and press into a thin layer. Arrange 1/4 of the cucumber, ginger, avocado and seafood of your choice in a line down the center of the rice. Lift the end of the mat, and gently roll it over the ingredients, pressing gently. Roll it forward to make a complete roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. Cut each roll into 4 to 6 slices using a wet, sharp knife. Serve immediately.