Grilled Scottish langoustines
- 10 medium langoustines , from sustainable sources
- 25 g higher-welfare ‘nduja
- 40 g unsalted butter , (at room temperature)
- 1 lemon
- Add 40g sea salt to 2 litres of water and bring to the boil in a large pan. Have a large bowl ready with 2 litres of ice-cold water.
- Plunge the langoustines into the hot water for 40 seconds (using tongs), remove and refresh in the cold water, then shake dry.
- Once blanched, carefully cut each langoustine in half lengthways.
- Preheat the grill to medium–high.
- Blitz the ’nduja in a blender with 20ml of warm water until you have a smooth paste. Add the butter and blend again to combine.
- Lay the langoustines cut-side-up on a large roasting tray, loosen them within their shells, and spoon over the ’nduja butter.
- Place under the grill for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the butter is bubbling and the langoustines are golden. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, and serve with napkins and toothpicks for picking the meat.