- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 c. chicken broth
3/4 lb. peeled baby potatoes, cut into1/4″ cubes
1 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets
1 onion, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. flour
1 c. heavy cream
1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar, plus more for garnish
1/2 c. grated Parmesan
Sour cream, for serving
- Combine chicken breasts, chicken broth, potatoes, broccoli and onion in the bowl of a Crock-Pot. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from Crock-Pot and transfer to a large bowl. Using two forks, shred into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and cream. Pour mixture into Crock-Pot and stir to combine. Return chicken to Crock-Pot and add cheddar and Parmesan. Turn heat to high, cover and cook for 30 minutes more, or until the cheese has melted and the soup has thickened.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately. Garnish with sour cream and more cheese.