CHINESE FRIED RICE RECIPE
1. 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
2. 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
3. 1 egg, lightly beaten (or more eggs if you like)
4. 3 drops soy sauce
5. 3 drops sesame oil
6. 8 ounces cooked lean boneless pork or 8 ounces chicken, chopped
7. 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot (very small)
8. 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
9. 4 cups cold cooked rice, grains separated (preferably medium grain)
10. 4 green onions, chopped
11. 2 cups bean sprouts
12. 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (add more if you like)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok.
- Allow wok to cool slightly.
- Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.
- Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired.