Brown Rice Recipes Onion Pilaf Recipe
- 20 ml oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown basamati rice, washed and soaked
- 3- 3 1/2 cups vegetables stock/ chicken stock/ plain water
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1. In a deep pan add oil and butter.
- 2. Add the sliced onions and saute till translucent.
- 3. Add the bay leaf, cinnamon and sugar. Saute till brown and caramelized.
- 4. Add the soaked rice, salt and pepper. Saute.
- 5. Add the stock.
- 6. Cover and cook till done.
- 7. Serving suggestion: Serve with garlic balsamic prawns.
- 8. Note: Brown rice requires more water for cooking as compared to white rice.