- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
1⁄2 lb Italian sausage or 1⁄2 lb ground veal
1 large onion, chopped
2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped (or canned chopped tomatoes)
24 ounces ricotta cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons parsley
1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb mozzarella cheese, divided
12 -15 lasagna noodles
- Brown ground meat, onion and garlic.
- Add salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes with juice; stirring until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour (or longer,but watch for getting too dry).
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Spray a 13 x 9″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine riccota cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 1lb of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
- Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese; make sure to cover noodles completely.
- Bake at 375F for 40-60 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted. (I cover w/ foil for about 40 minutes, then uncover for 15-20 minutes.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.