10 oven-ready lasagna noodles
3 hot Italian sausages
1 tsp olive oil
1 (650 mL) jar of your favourite pasta sauce (we use Classico’s Roasted Garlic and Onion)
1 cup water
2 cups packed baby spinach
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella, divided
½ cup ricotta
40 g fresh basil
1. Position rack in top third of oven. Preheat broiler to high. Boil water in a kettle. Break each noodle into 4 pieces and place in a heat-proof container. Cover with boiling water. Set a timer for 4 minutes, and then set aside.
2. While noodles are soaking, heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high. Slice open casings and remove sausages.
3. Add oil to pan, then meat. Using a wooden spoon, break up sausages into small pieces. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Drain excess fat from pan.
4. Stir in pasta sauce and water. Bring to a boil.
5. Drain noodles and add to sauce. Using a wooden spoon, push down noodles until fully submerged. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until noodles have softened, 5 minutes.
6. Stir in spinach until wilted, about 1 minute.
7. Stir in ricotta and 1/2 cup mozzarella.
8. Top with remaining mozzarella. Broil until cheese has browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.